MSP Photography COVID-19 Update: 18 January 2022
To our School Communities,
On behalf of MSP Photography we wish you a Happy New Year and hope you were able to enjoy the festive period.
As we embark on 2022, I would like to remind you of the important measures we are taking in response to the rapidly growing spread of the Omicron variant which is impacting businesses, communities and families across Australia.
MSP Photography regularly monitors and operates in accordance with state’s local directions for COVID safe practices as well as maintaining our additional processes put in place since the beginning of COVID. We understand the importance of capturing student portraits and their essential role in assisting school staff in areas such as student security, health and identification. It is our aim to continue supporting schools in the delivery of this key service.
With the rise in COVID cases and the impact this has had on customer-facing industries, we foresee similar obstacles that have the potential to impact our customers. Staff shortages, shutdowns and isolations may affect your photo day and final delivery. I wanted to reassure our School Communities that we will do everything we can to minimise any disruptions and will continue to work tirelessly to deliver the best possible outcome.
Thank you for choosing to partner with MSP Photography. Your patience and co-operation in these difficult times is greatly appreciated. We will get through this together!
CEO, MSP Photography
Just as Covid-19 restrictions have changed the way learning is delivered by schools, it has changed how MSP provides school photography.
Our priority is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our schools and their students, our employees and the wider community.
Mindful of evolving Covid-19 restrictions, MSP Photography have developed necessary and practical processes for school photography.
During lockdown periods, any existing school photography bookings will be re-scheduled. Your local MSP office will then contact your school to re-book Photo Day when schools re-open and MSP staff can attend the school premises. To contact your local MSP team click here.
Some MSP offices will close during lockdown and will contact your school to re-book upon re-opening. For additional assistance, during these periods, please email [email protected].
We operate in accordance with state’s local directions for Covid-19 safe practices.
MSP Photography additional processes
In addition to local regulations and in line with Covid-19 hotspot rules:
- Students will move in and out of the portrait studio area individually.
- The area will be set up in such a way as to ensure that each individual student will maintain the recommended social distancing guidelines of 1.5m from other students and the photographer.
- MSP Photography staff will provide instructions to each class upon entry to the photography area.
- Hygiene and cleaning guidelines used by MSP Photography staff are in accordance with the information distributed by the relevant Health Authorities.
Using school photos
Having access to current student photographs is important for schools and teachers.
Student portraits play a vital role in assisting school staff in areas such as student security, health & identification. These images are used within schools in areas such as:
- Updating Personalised Action and Emergency Plans for students with allergies, health issues and other specific requirements.
- Student Reporting.
- Identity Cards and badges for public transport as well as camps, excursions and similar activities.
- End-of-year assemblies.
- Publications and Yearbooks.
- Administration initiatives and records management.